Monday, July 27, 2009

new beginnings

Isn't it wonderful to start something new? It does come with it's apprehension but for the most part the anticipation and challenge of diving into a new project is exhilarating. We have high hopes for how it will all turn out. Well, this is a new beginning for me - this blog. I have been wanting to get one started for some time. I have all the normal excitement about this new adventure. However I don't want to forget the process. So much is to be learned along the way. We get so excited about the finished product, like a new quilt, that we begin without much consideration for the journey. Then sometimes the journey gets all messy, we find ourselves frustrated and maybe we never even finish Oh, that "f" word !! Well, I'll give consideration to finishes later, right now I am exited about starting. I am not sure where this will take me but I hope I can enjoy it and maybe help someone else along my journey.

...making every moment count ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are so right about the journey! That's one of the things that I love about quilting. I love the process of piecing and quilting (though not binding!). But, it is still nice to finish a project so that I can start a new one. Congratulations on your new project!

Paula said...

Congratulations Wendy, it looks good. Looking forward to be a follower and see your quilts.